GDIS is a GTK based program for the display and manipulation of isolated molecules and periodic systems. It is in development, but is nonetheless fairly functional. It has the following features:
* Support for several file types (CIF, BIOSYM, XYZ, XTL, MARVIN, and GULP)
* OpenGL rendering (requires gtkglarea)
* Assorted tools for visualization (measurements, ribbons, polyhedral display)
* Useful manipulation tools, including matrix transformations and periodic image display.
* Powerful surface generation and crystal morphology tools.
* Animation of BIOSYM and GULP trajectory files